Christa echoes many of my daily talking points with regard to the reasons to go green - even if you're sure that global warming is just the latest hoax...
It seems these days lines are being drawn between those that "believe" in global warming and those that don't. Well guess what, I am not an environmentalist ("tree-hugger" as some might call me) because of global warming, although it is worth mentioning that I do believe the planet is warming, and I do believe that people do have some effect on that process.
Here are the OTHER reasons that I think green practices are important:
- Because I think that dependence on foreign oil puts the country in a bad political position.
- Because I think that people waste to0 much and that our culture has become over-commercialized.
- Because I prefer quality over quantity, especially in houses. (and I don't want to clean a big house)
- Because I want to breath clean air and drink clean water.
- Because I believe that toxic products should not be applied to our food and that they probably cause a variety of health problems.
- Because I believe that eventually we will run out of natural resources if we don't start using more sustainable practices.
- Because I want to see more well-paying green energy jobs not overseas junk creation jobs.
- Because I believe it is my duty to leave behind the earth in a better condition than I found it.
and yes, this one does have to do with global warming...
- Because I love to ski and with the winters we have been having in Western PA I don't know how much longer I will be able to do that here at home.
So you see, being green doesn't just mean choosing a side on the global warming debate. There are a lot more immediate, local reasons to be concerned for our environment.
Live green in Western PA. Call Christa Ross from RE/MAX Select Realty, your certified green agent and RE/MAX green specialist at 724-933-6300 x214 or visit my website at www.greenhomespgh.com.